- Department / Function Underwriting
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 08/02/2022
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
As an Underwriter, you will provide support to our dealerships and customers by manually reviewing and processing finance applications, whilst interacting with many other internal departments on a daily basis. This role is very important to us, with an excellent eye for detail, you will play a vital role in welcoming customers to the business.
What would your day look like?
- Underwriting new business applications against an established criteria
- Assessing all new applications in line with risk policies
- Working in conjunction with our sales team to identify and resolve any challenges in relation to decisions or appeals
- Taking incoming calls from our customers and dealerships to assist them with any queries
- Ensuring all relevant checks are completed accurately before underwriting the application
What do we expect of you?
- To be an experienced Underwriter and familiar with working towards SLA’s or targets
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- To be optimistic and proactive when solving problems or complex queries
- To be an ambassador for delivering a first-class customer service
- Experience within the motor finance industry would be desirable
- To have an understanding or exposure of fraud prevention would be desirable
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.