- Department / Function Business Architecture
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 12/11/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
This Project Manager role within Aldermore, is to successfully ensure smooth set up, running and delivery of projects within the IT Transformation and Change.
On a day-to-day basis the Project Manager will utilise best practices and procedures, alongside their technical and business decision making skills, to ensure that the project risks & issues are managed effectively and to deliver the agreed business outcomes within time, quality and budget constraints.
The role of Project Manager is really important to us. You will be required to successfully ensure smooth set up, running and delivery of IT Transformation Projects across the Group, using best practices and procedures to deadlines and within budget.
We are embracing blended ways of working, this position can be worked as a mixture of on-site and form home.
What would your day look like?
- Drive change throughout the organization by providing high quality, consistent delivery of multiple initiatives/projects across multiple business lines.
- Deliver to project charters/goals and communicate progress towards milestones to key stakeholders to adopt the change.
- Provide proactive business project leadership which will require strong facilitation skills and the ability to work through complex issues to determine the right course of action.
- Act as an advisor to the senior leaders within the business by providing strategic direction based on thorough analyses of the problems/opportunities/challenges that impact their area’s change portfolio.
- Develop realistic, workable solutions that support the customers' needs and implement them successfully. Communicate proactively with stakeholders and senior management regarding progress, issues, risks and risk mitigation steps.
- Provide clear concise reporting to all levels in the organization through written and verbal updates, presenting at Steering Committees, and Exco as required.
- Gain rapid acceptance of a more disciplined approach to project management.
- Introduce appropriate project management standards and work with resources spread geographically over several offices and divisions.
- Projects to be delivered will be those that fall under the Group/Bank wide and CIO Portfolios.
What do we expect of you?
- Extensive experience project management
- Regulatory and/or Finance technical project delivery experience
- Extensive Technical background essential to be able to question technical teams
- Be able to interpret the technical terminology so that it can be understood by your stakeholders
- Business change projects involving definition / change of Operating Models (COM & TOM)
- Project Finance controls, evidence of budgetary responsibility and control processes
- Experience in managing teams sourced from multiple departments/disciplines
- Able to mentor and provide guidance to the project management team
What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.