- Department / Function Learning and Development
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 18/11/2021
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The People Team is a key enabler for business success. By aligning to the Group’s customer journey, we drive our colleagues, managers and leaders to cultivate a working environment that encourages fast pace delivery and success.
We attract talent; by being fully immersed in our business, influencing and understanding our short, medium- and long-term aspirations. We develop our people; to ensure they fulfil their hopes and dreams, whilst continuing to meet the needs and expectations of our dynamic business.
We are a high performing, high profile team. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as trusted advisors; providing the correct balance of knowledge and challenge which supports managers and leaders make the right decisions at difficult times.
What would your day look like?
You will report into the Organisational Capability Director, who will be your line manager and responsible for things like performance review meetings, 1-1s and development conversations.
The role of Capability Consultant is really important to us. You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of Performance & Development and OC Partners in creating, developing and delivering group wide learning, engagement, wellbeing and talent solutions.
- Contributing your skills and expertise to OC and wider People projects to ensure the OC Centre of Expertise is recognized as adding real value to the organisation and enabling delivery of the one Aldermore strategic blueprint.
- Identifying and implementing solutions to optimise the colleague experience at every moment that matters to ensure every colleague feels backed every step of the way in their journey with one Aldermore.
- Designing and delivering learning solutions aligned to the one Aldermore strategic blueprint that inspire others and embed our Colleague Value Proposition and Promises and;
- Regularly reviewing training delivery, content and materials to ensure they remain consistent, relevant, engaging and aligned to the strategic blueprint.
- Employing digital tools to create a flexible, inclusive, innovative and engaging approach to learning and development.
- Acting as Cultural Champions to support and promote the Big Conversation and other key engagement initiatives.
- Working with the Wellbeing & Inclusion Partner to plan and deliver regular and inclusive Wellbeing Wednesday sessions, engaging external partners and speakers where required.
- Making sure your knowledge and understanding of one Aldermore customers and products, and the regulatory and legislative information related to these, is up to date and sharing this accurately within training.
- Ensuring all compliance and regulatory training requirements are recognized and included in training plans to ensure we always do the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and the return on investment provided by learning solutions.
- Analysing and identifying trends in people data provided to inform learning and development initiatives, and supporting interventions to improve business performance, effectiveness and diversity.
- Staying curious and looking to continuously develop and grow self, the team and organisation.
What do we expect of you?
- Planning and analysis skills, with the ability to develop creative solutions
- Experience of working with different organisations or client groups would be highly desirable, demonstrating variety and agility of thought.
- Demonstrable experience of wellbeing and inclusion activities, with capability around supporting organisations in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to build relationships and gain credibility at all levels of the organisation
- Strong ability to challenge and influence.
- Experience of developing and supporting culture change programmes through wellbeing and inclusion activities
- Strong intellectual capability and presence.
- Clear commercial mindset and focus with an entrepreneurial approach to getting things done.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.