- Department / Function Executive Support
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 22/10/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
6-month Fixed Term Contract
The Executive Support team are often the first point of contact for the organisation and manage the front of house in Cardiff. Dealing with a mixture of internal and external customers, visitors, contractors and third parties; which involve a variety of administration tasks that are essential to the smooth running of the organisation. Including access to the building, dispatching IT equipment and parking.
You will be based in Central Cardiff office and will usually be the first person people will meet when they visit the office. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Front of house; dealing with third parties, visitors, contractors and colleagues either on the phone or face to face, which requires you to act in a professional, enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times.
- Work as part of a team – supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and throughout the business.
- You will be accountable for management of a shared mailbox ensuring queries are answered in a timely manner.
- Be the first point of contact for colleagues in the office supporting general queries, day to day running of the building, meeting rooms, access control and parking.
- Dispatching and returning office equipment from colleagues at home.
- Book flights/accommodation/travel and undertake all related administrative tasks such as record keeping and reconciling invoices.
- Assist in the logistics and preparing of internal/external meetings and third-party events.
- Ensure that all system-based records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner (and ensure that data integrity is maintained at all times) as prescribed by regulatory, legislative and company procedures.
- Company fleet administration.
- Administration of a desk booking system and neighbourhood working.
- Health and Safety administration and building checks.
- Carry out individual Display Screen Equipment Assessments (DSEs) in person or via teams (training given).
- Fire co-ordinator and first aider (training given). You will be accountable for ensuring our colleagues and visitors exit the gilding in the event of an emergency and provide first aid cover to those in the office.
What do we expect of you?
- Administrative/Receptionist experience for a financial organisation or similar
- Strong administration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks at any one time
- Uses own initiative
- Team player
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Any experience or knowledge in Health & Safety
- Fire warden and/or first aid trained
- Fleet Administration
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.