- Department / Function Regulatory Risk
- Location Manchester
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 05/11/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
We are looking for dynamic Compliance Manager with an analytical focus to support Regulatory Change. Covering primarily Conduct or Prudential Regulation from initial identification/impact assessment to working closely with key business stakeholders to provide advice and guidance and coordinate and manage progress.
This is an exciting and challenging position in the second line Compliance team with the opportunity to develop whilst working closely with senior and specialist colleagues in the various business areas. You’ll work closely with our Regulatory Risk Officers, ensuring effective stakeholder management, the provision of robust advice and guidance – as well as the proactive promotion of a business readiness culture in relation to Regulatory Change.
The role of Compliance Manager is really important to us. You will deliver relevant and concise impact assessments which is proportionate to our business model and develop forward-looking views of the UK and other relevant prudential and conduct regulatory requirements
We are embracing blended ways of working. This position is based at our Manchester site but can be worked a few days onsite and remotely. Other office locations will be considered.
What would your day look like?
- Ensure effective and timely Regulatory Horizon Scanning processes covering all relevant emerging regulation
- Lead the tracking, co-ordination and execution of regulatory change in conjunction with other risk functions
- Simplify detailed technical documents and requirements to provide meaningful output (including impact and gap analyses as necessary) for Regulatory Changes and developments, working as necessary with other subject matter experts and key stakeholders to fully and accurately understand the impacts of the changes to Aldermore
- Design and deliver accurate, succinct ad tailored presentations, briefing notes and management information for senior management (Board, ExCo etc.) and other key stakeholders to meet their needs. Ensure that all material aspects are highlighted and appropriately escalated and the likely impacts (actual or potential) are fully explained;
- Maintain detailed technical knowledge of relevant regulatory changes and provide support and advice to help the bank adapt to regulatory changes, providing a proportionate degree of support and challenge
- Participate and contribute to industry discussions on regulatory policy developments as and when required
What do we expect of you?
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of conduct and/or prudential regulation within a regulated business.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong ability to provide robust challenge and support.
- Ability to interpret regulations and determine impact on the business.
- Ability to build/develop relationships across a wide stakeholder community promoting a culture of positive customer outcomes.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to provide effective ‘read across’ of regulatory change to business practices.
What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.