- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 29/10/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Reading Team. This is a fantastic role for someone who enjoys collaborating with different areas of the business and working within an agile environment.
This position will focus on developing code for our website and portals as well as developing, maintaining, & supporting responsive web applications and integrations in line with changing business needs.
The role of Full Stack Developer is really important to us. You will participate in cross functional workshops, working with the business, design and product to identify proportional technology solutions to address the business needs.
Times are changing and so are the ways we work. This role can be worked remotely with a few trips on site a month and you will be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager - Digital Platform Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Adhere to development standards and operational policies as part of a regulated environment
- Help create robust best practice development techniques
- Ensure code is delivered to a high quality, functioning to acceptance criteria across all required devices
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are considered including performance and accessibility considerations
- Assist product owners and project managers in release planning.
- Assist UX and UI designers
- Contribute to technical estimation
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in sprint planning and execution
What do we expect of you?
- Previous experience of developing full stack applications including APIs and front-end solutions.
- Developing solutions on a CMS platform (preferably Umbraco)
- Creating robust, best practice development techniques
- Ensuring code is delivered to a high quality, functioning to acceptance criteria across all required devices
- Ensuring that non-functional requirements are considered including performance and accessibility considerations
- Optimising the performance of the code
- Contributing to technical estimation
- Worked closely with 3rd party suppliers
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.