- Department / Function Financial Crime
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 01/10/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
The role of Financial Crime Officer is really important to us. You will investigate potential fraudulent and money laundering incidents, suspicions and alerts across, taking appropriate action in order to prevent criminal funds being laundered through the business.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Identifying high risk customers at onboarding and in-life stage
- Checking Fraud databases to ensure customers haven’t been flagged by other providers
- Checking documentation for potential application fraud and identity theft etc.
- Reporting cases to local authorities when a theft has occurred
- Identifying impersonation cases when an agreement has been paid out.
Working hours: Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm with 1x 12pm-8pm day a week. 1x weekend every 7 weeks, Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-5pm (2 x lieu days the following week)
What do we expect of you?
- Financial Services background is desirable
- Naturally curious
- Strong investigative skills
- Fully adopt a team ethos
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound decision making and judgement
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.