- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 01/10/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
The IT Systems Analysis team are responsible for application changes throughout the business and as such shape the business outcomes needed to make MotoNovo Finance a success. This team forms a part of the wider delivery function within the Technology function.
The role of Systems Analyst is really important to us. You will be accountable for the analysis and improvement of our core systems and beyond. They define functional requirements, create innovative solution design and drive the implementation, configuration and maintenance of 3rd party and custom applications. You will take ownership of the change and involvement, from the very first conversation to the final key stroke of delivery.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- You will undertake analysis of system requirements, identifying and addressing any relevant problems.
- You will work alongside the Testing function to ensure systems are tested and solutions are delivered to a high standard.
- Provide technical and functional support for the business application portfolio, resolving incidents, investigating and solving problems and working with other teams and third parties to drive the implementation of robust and innovative solutions.
- Partner with the business customers, understanding their processes, reviewing business requirements and converting those requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Define, prioritise and execute application enhancements and projects.
- Provide the developers with the clarification and support on all business and functional requirements and specifications related to the applications.
- Proactively input to the planning, development and implementation of projects, gathering user requirements, analysing and producing reports and recommendations.
- Support the Release Management process, testing and troubleshooting system upgrades and maintenance, including user training support to the business.
- Configuration and customizations of core 3rd party and custom applications and business rules.
- Ownership of the creation and maintenance of the system, process and user documentation as required to enable support of the environment within the agreed Service Levels, undertaking feasibility reports as required.
What do we expect of you?
- Proven Systems Analyst experience -Desirable
- Good understanding of ITIL -Desirable
- Experience and working knowledge of T-SQL, XML and Web Services
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to provide new ideas
- Explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner
- Analysing and interpreting skills, that enables you to interpret information, get to the heart of an issue or problem and to provide rational judgements
What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.