- Department / Function Finance
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 30/11/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
The Pricing team, as part of the Finance Function, is a key enabler for business success. Our roles are driven by providing high quality financial analysis and insight together with commercial business support to the Group.
We are a professional and judicious team; frequently exposed to highly sensitive data whilst delivering within One Aldermore’s fast pace environment.
We are a high performing, high profile team. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as trusted advisors; providing the correct balance of knowledge and challenge which supports our business leaders to make the right decisions at difficult times.
You will report into the Head of Group Pricing, who will be responsible for things like performance review meetings, 1-1s and development conversations. You will have such responsibilities for a number of direct reports in the form of Pricing Analysts and Assistants.
The role of Pricing Operations Manager is critical to our success in evolving our future pricing strategy with a focus on management of the Groups pricing models and their deployment across the Business Units / Divisions of the Group. The role is pivotal to confirming the accuracy of pricing models in regard to their key assumptions and providing the framework necessary to ensure that pricing submissions meet the return requirements laid by out mandates as informed by the UK Group Financial Resource Management (FRM) Framework. The role is also responsible for management of all day to day pricing operations.
What would your day look like?
- Managing the Analyst and Assistants’ pool to ensure the smooth delivery of pricing proposals to the relevant Pricing forums where applicable across the Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance business lines, and ad hoc analysis as required
- Evaluating that the relevant Pricing submissions support the Group Pricing Framework by ensuring hurdles are met, review against prior experience by collating detailed validations of the pricings and ensuring relevant supporting documentation is supplied to support
- Managing the monthly rollout of the approved pricing model across Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, ensuring business stakeholders are appropriately engaged and informed of key changes
- Embedding strong governance over pricing reviews as outlined by the framework, providing robust analysis and support as needed
- Attending and chairing as required to Business Unit level pricing forums or discussions
- Supporting the Head of Group Pricing with the Customer and Product Committee (“CPC”) annual review of the Group Pricing Framework
- Supporting Head of Group Pricing with continuous review of business line mandate appropriateness and challenging pricings where appropriate
- Maintaining the Group pricing models, ensuring inputs are updated per agreed SLAs with relevant Business line and Support function stakeholders
- Creating Group data repository for returns metrics
- Supporting business line pricing proposals and new product initiatives where applicable
- Maintaining strong relationships with the Finance Data Modelling team who will own the pricing models from a technical perspective. Work closely with key pricing model assumptions owners around the business to ensure key assumptions are updated periodically as required and key stakeholders understand the changes
- Building and maintaining a comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of Aldermore Group products and relevant regulatory and legislative information
- Work with and build strong relationships with Credit Risk teams and the Finance Business partners as well Sales and Distribution teams and the functions that help to operationalise pricing
What do we expect of you?
- Experienced team leader who can develop a strong, successful and stable pricing team
- Evidence of strong commercial knowledge
- Commercial and analytically focused in order to drive financial improvements
- Experience of working in financial services (desirable)
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified (desirable)
- Experience in evaluating business performance in a commercial context
- Able to influence and persuade across all levels of seniority, including to Director level where necessary
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.