- Department / Function Regulatory Risk
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/10/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams, delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
The Analyst – Risk Model Development is a second-line role reporting to the Senior Manager - Risk Model Development. The role will be responsible for providing technical expertise to design, develop and deliver Risk-owned Models across the Group, including credit origination, provisions, capital, and stress testing. The primary areas of accountability include:
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of Risk models across the Group ensuring that models are compliant with Regulation and internal standards.
- Supporting the validation of non-Risk models, producing key findings and recommendations to inform decision-making at modelling forum.
Now is your chance…
The role of Analyst – Risk Model Development is really important to us.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to one of our hub offices in Manchester, Reading or Cardiff. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Senior Manager – Risk Model Development, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Contributing to the development of models that adhere to the standards mandated in internal and regulatory policy as required, with robust documentation and to agreed timelines, including credit origination, IRB, IFRS 9, Stress Testing, Machine Learning (e.g. to support fraud detection).
- Working with internal data teams to obtain model development data and conduct appropriate checks to ensure that data used in model development is fit for purpose in terms of quality, quantity, breadth and timeliness.
- Working with Credit bureaux to obtain data for modelling purposes.
- Developing model monitoring that is concise and insightful, including the setting of model performance thresholds, outlining remediating actions where thresholds are breached.
- Working with the model validation and governance teams, ensuring that validation issues are closed within agreed timescales.
- Working effectively with any external resource utilised to support model development.
- Contributing to the correct implementation of all models. This may include the construction and delivery of test plans and model implementation technical specifications.
What do we expect of you?
- Technical skills developed in a quantitative environment.
- Understanding of credit modelling methodologies and techniques.
- Quantitative experience, with high aptitude for data extraction and manipulation, analytics and problem-solving to support model development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- SAS coding experience.
- Skilled in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Passion for continuous learning, expanding own knowledge and skills to help improve performance.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you meet all the criteria listed... have a chat with us.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.