- Department / Function Credit Risk
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/10/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams, delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
The Senior Analyst – Risk Modelling Analytics is a second-line role reporting to the Senior Manager - Risk Modelling Analytics. The role will be responsible for providing technical expertise in the creation and provision of meaningful analysis across the Group. The primary areas of accountability include:
Conducting analysis to provide Risk insights from models, including ECL/Provisions, ICAAP/Budgeting, Financial Resource Management and Affordability to support decision-making across the Group, and ensuring key risks are identified and escalated.
Managing the efficient and timely delivery of systems, rules and other modelling changes, designing testing, training and reporting as required.
Now is your chance…
The role of Senior Analyst – Risk Modelling Analytics is really important to us.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to one of our hub offices in Manchester, Reading or Cardiff. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Senior Manager – Risk Modelling Analytics, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Supporting the various Modelling Analytics processes as required. which include:
- The ECL process, including maintenance of the ECL engine, documentation, and reporting of ECL outputs.
- Delivering timely forecasts and insight to provisions and impairments including support for financial budgeting processes.
- Providing insightful Risk input to ICAAP - Pillar 2A and Pillar 2B Credit, Credit Concentration, Residual Value and Voluntary Termination Risk.
- Supporting Risk components of FRM, engaging with the broader FRM initiative as required.
- Supporting the use of Risk origination models and auto-decisioning across the Group.
- Maintaining Affordability, Valuation and other models owned by the team.
- Ensuring that the data used to deliver analysis is fit for purpose in terms of quality, quantity, breadth, and timeliness.
- Supporting the completion of annual model reviews (for non-regulatory models) to agreed timelines.
- Ensuring correct implementation of models and model changes. This may include the construction and delivery of test plans and model implementation technical specifications
- Providing input and oversight to key Risk systems used to support Risk management.
- Managing the design and delivery of key analytical tools which support Risk management including the creation and delivery of auto decisioning capabilities, both on a tactical and strategic basis.
- Ensuring compliance with all modelling policies and processes/procedures
- Supporting IRB accreditation with additional analysis, information or documentation as required
What do we expect of you?
- Technical skills developed in a quantitative environment, with hands-on experience of credit risk analysis within banking
- Proven quantitative and analytical ability, with high attention to detail, aptitude for problem-solving and knowledge of relevant mathematical approaches.
- Skilled in the extraction and manipulation of data to support model and portfolio analytics
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong SAS coding experience
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills.
- Passion for continuous learning, expanding own knowledge and skills to help improve performance, setting high expectations and standards for self.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you meet all the criteria listed... have a chat with us.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.