- Department / Function Financial Crime
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary £22,500
- Closing Date 12/08/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
12-Month Fixed Term Contract
The AML Team investigate potential money laundering incidents, suspicions and alerts, taking appropriate action in order to prevent criminal funds being laundered through the business.
The role of AML Officer is really important to us. You will review and report where suspicious activity is identified to the relevant authorities, whilst minimising the impacts on legitimate customers.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Identifying and investigating all suspicious transactions
- Report suspicious transactions to the NCA, by completing a detailed report outlining reasons for suspicions
- Undertake search requests by authorised 3rd parties (e.g. police, Dept. of Work & Pensions, NCA)
- Send over evidence required by authorised 3rd parties (e.g. police, Dept. of Work & Pensions, NCA). Ensuring all evidence is sent over within agreed SLA’s
- Complete detailed witness statements requested by authorised 3rd parties (e.g. police, Dept. of Work & Pensions, NCA). To be used in court in criminal and civil prosecutions
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of MotoNovo Finance products and services, providing accurate information and proactively promoting them where appropriate
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to MotoNovo Finance products and services (e.g. ICOB, FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.)
- Conduct in depth searches on companies to identify the beneficial owners of all companies.
- Conduct PEP / Sanction searches on all company beneficial owners
- Work as part of a team – supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and throughout the business.
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence checks on newly on boarding customers.
What do we expect of you?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent influencing and challenging skills
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Strong investigation skills
- Ethical behaviours
- Good team player
- Experience in a financial crime prevention role
- Financial Services experience
- Knowledge of relevant finance regulation and legislation
- ICA Financial Crime or AML Certificate
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.