- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 06/08/2021
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning financial services business; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
CTO is responsible for the design, provision, integration and management of the technology assets that support the Group’s customers, partners and colleagues. This is provided through a combination of in-house teams, third-party partners, and suppliers across the following functions:
- Service Engagement, including Service Management and Business Partnering
- Technology Operations
- Technology Delivery, including application development and technical change delivery
- Test Services
- Architecture and Design
- Office of the CTO, including business-aligned technology strategy and governance
CTO supports over 500 applications with c150 suppliers, with a major multi-year IT transformation programme delivering investment in new tools and platforms to enable faster change and more resilient systems.
The role of Technology Business Partner is really important to us. You will report into the Group Head of Service Engagement who will be your line manager and responsible for things like performance review meetings, 1-1s and development conversations. You will play a pivotal role in translating the organisations strategy into a clear plan for your function, acting as a trusted advisor to shape how strategic aims can be met and ensuring executive buy-in and support.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff or Manchester offices. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Being the single business interface for the business areas you support, partnering with the senior business leadership team and representing all elements of the CTO service from Service Management, Technology Operations, Technology Delivery, Architecture & Design, and Test Services.
- Building a strong business partnership based on trust and transparency, developing a strong understanding of the business strategic direction and ensuring the right people within CTO are engaged to ensure CTO best-supports the business.
- Effectively communicating CTO performance, strategy, initiatives, policies and processes to ensure successful engagement and build consistent understanding.
- Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) accountability for suppliers providing services across multiple CTO functions
- Working closely with the teams within Service Engagement to ensure timely and effective responses to user requests and resolution of all types of Incidents and Service Requests are provided.
- Working closely with Group Change Services to support strategic initiatives within the business to deliver effective IT solutions and services.
- Lead continual improvements to how the CTO function operates
- Ensure a robust risk management framework is in place. This includes ensuring decisions are made within delegated authorities, risk appetites and tolerances and is compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- Create successful relationships at all levels and across all delivery teams within CTO and Group Change Services to ensure a “one team” approach.
What do we expect of you?
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility within Technology
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, risk management and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and information management across the IT organization
- Experience of building a virtual team/capability
- Exposure to methods such as COBIT, Prince2, or Agile would be desirable
What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
The Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
The Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received, will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.