- Department / Function Finance
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 06/08/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
9-Month Fixed Term Contract
The role of Interim Financial Reporting Manager is really important to us. You will manage the Financial Reporting team of the business ensuring all Financial and Regulatory Reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner and a culture of strong balance sheet governance is promoted throughout.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Director of Finance, and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Manage the team responsible for the collation and reporting of the financial and regulatory reporting requirements of the business. Ensure the necessary control environment is in place within the Department to ensure all reporting is performed in a timely, complete and accurate manner. Act as the primary point of contact for material financial and regulatory reporting matters within the MotoNovo business.
- Ensure the business’ financial reporting records are compliant with all applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the relevant Group Accounting Policies of both FirstRand and Aldermore Group. Take the lead on assessing the impact of new accounting standards on the financial records of the business liaising with the Aldermore peers and the Group Technical Accounting team as required. Act as the primary point of contact within the business for the external audit process and help to promote a healthy two-way dialogue with the auditors amongst the team.
- Ensure a framework of robust financial controls are in place within the team. Ensure the requirements of the FirstRand Account Reconciliation Management Framework are adhered to and at all times a focus is given to strong Balance Sheet governance with reconciliations completed in a timely and accurate manner and reconciling items investigated on a prompt basis. The team under management will proactively work with other operational areas of the business to resolve root cause issues that give rise to discrepancies identified within the balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Manage the delivery of the financial or regulatory reporting information required as part of any product or risk reviews undertaken within the business or by the MNF’s parent Companies or the Regulator.
- Manage the maintenance of the fixed asset register to ensure capital purchases and relevant intangible assets are properly capitalized, depreciated and controlled in-line with group accounting policies.
- Attend as a member and contribute to the debate within the MNF Performance Forum presenting on relevant information where appropriate. More widely help to further embed the principles of the FirstRand Financial Resource Management framework in day to day processes, financial planning, reporting and decision making.
What do we expect of you?
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA) with at least 5 years post qualification experience
- Experienced in managing a team of at least 10 people in a finance and accounting role
- Experience working in financial services is desirable, banking specifically
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly numerate with strong excel and modelling skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Sound accuracy and attention to detail
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.