This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function Business Architecture
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 28/07/2021
Project Manager (7 Month FTC)
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
Working as a member of our Project Delivery Team you will be working on projects with technical and non-technical focus. This will involve working with in-house teams and 3rd party partners to deliver high quality, secure, driven solutions. You will need to manage stakeholders who may be non-technical and be able to translate and communicate concepts into everyday language.
The role of Project Manager is really important to us. You will be involved in the planning, scheduling, and change related projects, using either waterfall or agile delivery methods, across the whole MotoNovo Finance Business.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Project Delivery Lead and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Work with the business to agree and understand the priority of changes and manage the project plan
- Manage the end to end delivery of system changes from requirements definition/user story creation, through build, test and deployment
- Assist the team in removal of impediments to delivery
- Deliver projects or technology work streams in business change projects in line with the organisation’s change process
- Identify, track and manage progress, risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and changes
- Plan and facilitate all necessary rituals such as daily stand-ups, Project Working Group & Project Board meetings
- Report on progress to stakeholders and other relevant governance forums
- Work with the teams to improve the delivery process
What do we expect of you?
- Proven experience within project management role with a focus on applications/systems delivery
- Experience of management of 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Able to manage difficult stakeholders and deliver in ambiguous, fast-changing and complex environments
- Sound working knowledge of the project lifecycle including selection of appropriate methodologies and techniques for delivery both waterfall & agile practices such as SCRUM or kanban
- Comfortable in managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.