This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 30/07/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
CTO is responsible for the design, provision, integration and management of the technology assets that support Aldermore Group’s customers, partners and colleagues. This is provided through a combination of in-house teams, third-party partners and suppliers. CTO supports over 500 applications with c150 suppliers, with a major multi-year IT transformation programme delivering investment in new tools and platforms to enable faster change and more resilient systems.
The role of the Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing daily operations of the service desk, managing the service desk team, representing the team to other stakeholders, and helping to ensure that the service desk is constantly developing and improving.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Manchester office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Group Head of Service Engagement, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Effectively managing, developing, and supporting the Service Desk provision across the Aldermore Group, including Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance
- Embedding a culture of continuous improvement, including ensuring that all Service Desk processes are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved
- Ensuring that the Service Desk performance provides a consistent and effective colleague experience, best supporting the business needs and based on delivery to agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Shaping and delivering the Group Service Desk strategy
- Coordinating and managing all relevant stakeholders (internal and third party), including the Service Desk teams, customers, and wider teams involved in Service Desk operations and incident/request resolution
What do we expect of you?
- Have experience managing, leading, and motivating service desk or equivalent team(s)
- Understanding of outsourced service provision and setting of SLA’s & KPIs
- A thorough knowledge of service desk operations and service tooling, e.g. Service Now
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, risk management and workforce management
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Experience of working with incident, service request and problem management processes
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.