- Department / Function Commercial
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 02/07/2021
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
1 x permanent position available
1 x 9-month fixed term contract available
The Commercial Team is a key enabler for business growth within the corporate sector. By aligning to the Motonovo and Aldermore customer journey, we cultivate and manage relationships with SME business owners, as well as dealer partners, to offer direct access to financing facilities for vehicles and other business assets. The combination of MotoNovo’s existing but growing Fleet Funding Proposition, with Aldermore’s wide asset finance credit and product appetite offers SMEs a one-stop shop.
The role of SME Sales Consultant is really important to us. You and your team will work hard to establish yourselves as trusted consultants; providing the correct balance of product knowledge, understanding of our customers and dealers and an exceptional level of service, that supports both our business customers and dealers in making the right decision for growth and success.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Deliver exceptional customer service and put their needs at the heart of every contact, building long term relationships. Provide professional and excellent support when dealing with SME Business Owners.
- Actively seek out and share knowledge of industry trends and competitors.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with SME Business Owners and Decision Makers in order to sell Fleet Funding Decision in Principles.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with SME Business Owners and Decision Makers in order to sell Asset Finance.
- Driving growth through acquisition of new business opportunities, by developing a sales pipeline and actively seeking out opportunities.
- Develop progressive relationships with SME Business Owners and Decision Makers, driving growth through an effective client product and sales development strategy.
- Drive use of our products, by applying an in-depth knowledge of the Motonovo Finance proposition and its purpose, understanding how our products function and what they deliver to clients and consumers.
- In conjunction with SME Business Development Managers, manage profitability of your territory, by understanding profitability KPIs and proactively driving improvements.
- Support and assist SME Business Development Managers in managing commercial dealer commission packages or campaigns ensuring you protect MNF returns, taking ownership for pricing renewals and reviews.
- Working with SME Business Development Managers, influencing change and embedding the Motonovo difference across the commercial division.
- Assess, identify and mitigate risks and ensure commercial relationships meet required standards in accordance with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively monitor, evaluate and identify trends in performance, implementing action plans to improve results.
What do we expect of you?
You don't need to have direct sales experience to apply. We are looking for someone with the right behviours, values, attitude and drive to join the team!
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Natural ability to build relationships with emotional intelligence
- Ownership and accountability
- Negotiation and objection handling skills
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisation
- IT Skills, specifically Excel & Outlook
- Able to problem solve with a commercial approach
- Ability to collate, interpret, analyse and apply initiative to data/trends
- High degree of professionalism
- Commercially minded and understands wider business impact of applying sound judgement
- Use of initiative
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working with a CRM
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.