This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 24/09/2021
12 Month FTC
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance
The role of Business Analyst is important to us. You will be joining MotoNovo Finance to contribute to the successful delivery of IT projects and technical changes within the business. You will also be responsible for the gathering of business requirements, facilitating the validation of those requirements and acting as a conduit between the business and technical delivery teams to ensure smooth transition from development to business as usual
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Mark Gerrish, Lead Business Analyst and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Defining the business analysis approach, planning and estimating business analysis work, for the activities you are assigned to.
- Building effective relationships with business and technical stakeholders in order to provide a business analysis service to programmes, projects and change initiatives.
- Act as the connection between the business and the IT and Change teams, translating complex technical language into simple and meaningful messages that can be understood by all.
- Identifying stakeholders needs through thorough investigation and elicitation ensuring they align to the strategic needs of the business area and organisation.
- Able to explain how the requirements defined address real business problems or opportunities to project stakeholders.
- Conducting requirements verification and validation activities including requirements walkthroughs, formal reviews, signoff and traceability.
- Managing and maintaining requirements through the change lifecycle including attributing, traceability, reuse, storage and accessibility.
- Conducting business process re-engineering activities including documenting As Is and To Be business processes through process mapping and design, using these to undertake gap analysis in conjunction with requirements definition.
- Elicit, analyse and define the business data impacted by the change and represent it using appropriate data models, flows and glossaries in conjunction with requirements definition.
- Running engaging workshops, large and small, formal and informal with the ability to embrace collaboration tools to enhance the workshop experience.
- Evaluate potential solution options against the requirements captured, making recommendations based upon their alignment to business needs. Where applicable support the procurement process where a new solution is required.
- Delivering a business analysis service for the full change lifecycle from idea generation through to business adoption. This includes supporting delivery phases past requirements in a validation and consultative role ensuring the change being delivered is in line with the requirements defined.
What do we expect of you?
- Proven Business Analyst experience within project delivery
- Proven experience of software implementation, migration and delivery.
- Training and implementation of Business Analysis practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable you to collaborate with others and explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner
- Analysing and interpreting skills, that enables you to interpret information, get to the heart of an issue or problem and to provide rational judgements
- Excellent attention to detail, where quality and detail is essential and be able to adapt and respond well to change
- Good team working skills, where you will promote cooperation, set expectations and deliver commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.