This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 14/06/2021
IT Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager
Location: Reading, Manchester or Cardiff
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
CTO is responsible for the design, provision, integration and management of the technology assets that support Aldermore Group’s customers, partners and colleagues. This is provided through a combination of in-house teams and third-party partners and suppliers across the following functions:
Service Engagement, including Service Management and Business Partnering, Technology Operations, Technology Delivery, including application development and technical change delivery, Test Services, Architecture and Design and Office of the CTO, including business-aligned technology strategy and governance
The role of IT Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager is really important to us. CTO supports over 500 applications with c150 suppliers, with a major multi-year IT transformation programme delivering investment in new tools and platforms, to enable faster change and more resilient systems.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to either our Reading, Manchester, or Cardiff office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Develop, embed and continuously improve the Risk Management Framework, processes, and reporting within CTO, in the context of the broader Group Risk Framework.
- Partner with risk owners to enhance an effective Risk and Control environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise, support and guidance to the CTO function, promoting best practice in terms of the identification and effective management of Risks.
- Oversee Audit activity across CTO, acting as a central point between External Auditors, Group Internal Audit and Control Owners.
- Drive and monitor timely completion of Audit, Risk and Control actions across CTO, working closely with action owners, 2nd Line Risk and Group Internal Audit.
- Oversee Risk Events, ensuring appropriate triage to ensure ownership is clear, action plans are put in place and delivered against in line with the required timescales.
- Develop and embed the use of data as part of risk and compliance processes; reporting on compliance status and progress, via data, metrics and KPIs.
- Proactively identify controls deficiencies through the review of KPIs, Control Testing outputs, and deep dives, reporting on issues identified and providing pragmatic recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare reporting, management information and papers on behalf of Technology for varying Risk Forums and Committees across the Group.
- Work with the executives and senior leaders to raise the profile of risk and compliance across the CTO.
- Create and embed the risk aware culture.
What do we expect of you?
- A strong background working within a Technology Risk role, ideally within a Regulated Environment such as Financial Services
- Working knowledge of risk frameworks
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to present complex information clearly and accurately
- Good analytical skills including analysing trends
- Ability to generate recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Experience of generating risk papers and reporting for consumption at Committee and Board level
- Able to provide constructive challenge
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team or individually, both performing and reviewing work
- Adaptive to change/positive attitude towards change
- Innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.