This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/05/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
This role sits within our dedicated Test team who provide technical assurance for new software solutions, solutions already in production, supporting change within the IT department as well as quality testing with the business. Testing plays a critical role in the development of new IT programmes across the Aldermore Group and is based from our hubs in Reading and Cardiff.
The role of Test Analyst is really important to us. You will work with the test team to analyse the test basis and determine the level of testing required with each delivery. You will be working closely with other Test analysts within the IT function and working closely with the Test Manager to improve the test processes and suggest ways in which testing can better support the business needs.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you back to our offices in Reading or Cardiff. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Scott Dyer, Test Manager and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Experience with managing multiple work streams, ensuring all Test Function deliveries are to a high quality
- Supporting the Test Function in improving and maturing its test processes and capabilities.
- Reviewing and designing the production of re-usable test scripts
- Reviewing requirements and identifying delivery risks, then designing and planning tests to mitigate those risks
- Executing tests on the front end internal systems as well as API testing
- Providing feedback for continuous improvements to the overall Testing process
- Engaging with various teams and areas of the business that are requesting IT changes or are impacted by IT changes
- Tracking the resolution of defects in accordance with the exit criteria.
- Identifying candidate tests for inclusion in Regression packs and automated test packs.
- Helping the business define acceptance criteria from requirements documentation.
- The position may require standby support and occasional out of hour implementation work.
- Understand the Company’s IT systems, products, services, and business processes in order to provide a knowledgeable service at all times.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience working as a Tester or Test Analyst within a software delivery environment.
- Exposure to test management tools such as Jira or Xray
- Experience with Web Services or API testing
- Experience in testing mobile sites or Cross Browser Testing would be ideal
- Great interpersonal & communications skills to be part of a close-knit team
- Strong determination to ensure Quality frameworks/policies/strategies are followed at all levels within the Testing lifecycle.
- ISEB / ISQTB accredited (desirable)
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines and can use own initiatives.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable Senior Leadership Team.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.