- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/05/2021
35 hours per week (Out of hours rota will be required)
Heard of us?
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
Our DBA’S look after admin and maintenance of critical OLTP and Analytical/Business Intelligence Databases; promoting good practice, performance and production stability.
Responsible for the installation, upgrading, configuration, troubleshooting, proactive performance monitoring, tuning, backups, restores, security, capacity planning and availability of transactional and Data warehouse environments.
The role of Database Administrator is really important to us. You will work with an experienced team of Architects, Engineers and DBA’s on a variety of projects,
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, the Infrastructure Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Develop and maintain data warehouse database designs and solutions and support BI services where required.
- Installation, patching, upgrading, configuration, troubleshooting, pro-active performance monitoring, tuning, backups, restores, security, capacity planning and availability for the Oracle production and test/QA databases; transactional and data warehouse environments.
- Ensure highest level of availability at all times.
- Supporting, availability, performance and security on SQL Server Databases.
- Creating and documenting policies and procedures to ensure the database environment and database security comply with UK legislative regulations as well as governance policies.
- Research and keep updated on technology trends and developments.
- Recognise and recommend improvements to services and products offered by the IT department.
What do we expect of you?
Skills and experience using:
- Oracle 19c
- SQL / PL/SQL
- Performance Tuning
- SQL Scripting, PL/SQL procedures
- Scripting (Linux/Bash/etc)
- BI Publisher
- UNIX Solaris
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Windows
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.