- Department / Function Collections
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 2
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 19/05/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Collections department is ultimately responsible for the minimisation of bad debt and the support and guidance of our customers in financial difficulty. The Welfare Support Team works within the Collections Department to help support our most vulnerable customers, where they work to achieve the fairest outcome for the customers who are in unique situations.
What would your day look like?
- Identify the varying types of vulnerability which include health/illness, life events, resilience and capabilities
- Having, sometimes difficult, conversations with our customers, being the first port of call for those in financial difficulty
- Negotiating with customers that are in arrears for repayment of balances or looking at alternative ideas for a resolution
- Using your initiative to recommend the best course of action after internal procedures have been exhausted
- Adhering to ours and regulatory policies to ensure that at all times, at all stages, our customers are treated fairly and fair customer outcomes are achieved
- Demonstrating a pro-active, inquisitive and problem-solving nature to assist our customers in vulnerable and often complex situations
- Adapting your approach to offer tailored solutions that meet the needs of customers in difficult and sometimes unique situations
- Providing ongoing 1-2-1 support to customers who are dealing with serious health issues such as depression, cancer and terminal illness
- Referring customers to specialist support organisations so they can get the help they need
- Assisting with the embedding of the fair treatment of vulnerable customers across the department
What do we expect of you?
- Active listening skills
- To be extremely organised
- The ability to show empathy towards customers
- To be professional and calm, ensuring the fairest outcome is delivered to the customer
- The ability to think outside of the box
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written skills
- To be able to adapt to different customer circumstances
- To show resilience to sensitive situations
- To be flexible and work on your own initiative
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.