- Department / Function Collections
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/05/2021
Lead Operations Manager - Collections
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The collections department is ultimately responsible for support and guidance of our customers in financial difficulty and to recover debt. The role of Lead Operations Manager is really important to us. You will act as a senior leader within the Collections function overseeing all lending portfolios to deliver fair customer outcomes, ensure compliance with law & regulation and meet business needs.
Maximise departmental efficiency and achieve budgeted provisioning levels.
Be conversant with company policies, to identify & mitigate risk and drive a continuous improvement culture.
Support the Head of Collections to deliver against strategic goals, and position Collections to meet future challenges, and operate as an example of industry best practice
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Head of Collections, and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- To manage Senior Operations Managers, and Team leaders to enable performance against business goals & departmental measures of success. To ensure that customer accounts are worked in compliance with all relevant regulatory & legal requirements and company policy.
- To ensure that Collections processes, procedures and activity is focused on delivering fair customer outcomes in a timely manner.
- To establish & maintain a solution focused culture within Collections.
- Manage collections-related activities across assigned areas of responsibility, ensure clear objectives are agreed and risks understood and managed.
- Undertake reviews, assess risk and make recommendations to the Executive Committee regarding the quality of new business and the introducers. Assess risks within Collections and agree action plans to remedy or mitigate risk.
- Identify and develop future managers and team leaders within the Collections team through succession planning and talent management.
- Undertake the collation of management information, as required. Have a sound understanding of all systems used to enhance Collections activities, ensuring these are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyze Collections performance data, to maintain and improve performance. Write business commentary and provide insights around risks, opportunities and performance vs targets.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to MotoNovo Finance products and services (e.g. CONC, ICOB, FCA Principles & Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.) Ensure all risks or issues are reported appropriately in line with company policy.
- Treat customers fairly and aim to deliver fair customer outcomes in all of our day-to-day processes.
- Be an enabler of positive change within Collections, participate and support business change initiatives to drive Collections and wider business improvement.
- Represent MotoNovo at external bodies as needed, for example Benchmarking groups, Trade bodies etc.
- Lead through other managers; ensure that your management team activities are aligned with wider Collections and business strategy and goals.
What do we expect of you?
- Leadership experience in an FCA regulated Collections environment.
- Experience leading a large multi-channel customer dealing team of 100 people plus.
- Budget ownership experience
- Familiar with the Consumer Credit Act, GDPR, CONC 7 and FCA principals & OFCOM rules around outbound dialling etc.
- People leadership experience gained within a large department, operating a senior operations/Head of level.
- Forecasting and planning experience in a multi-channel 100 plus seat contact Centre
- Able to analyse data and translate into commentary, strategic actions and risk evaluation.
- Strategic planning experience, the ability to evaluate and map out strategic plans to drive improvement.
- Project sponsorship experience, a proven ability to lead and deliver transformation activity.
- Experienced managing out-source
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable Senior Leadership Team.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.