- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
CTO is responsible for the design, provision, integration and management of the technology assets that support Aldermore Group’s customers, partners and colleagues. This is provided through a combination of in-house teams and third-party partners and suppliers across the following functions:
- Service Engagement, including Service Management and Business Partnering
- Technology Operations
- Technology Delivery, including application development and technical change delivery
- Test Services
- Architecture and Design
- Office of the CTO, including business-aligned technology strategy and governance
CTO supports over 500 applications with c150 suppliers, with a major multi-year IT transformation programme delivering investment in new tools and platforms to enable faster change and more resilient systems.
The role of Technical Delivery Manager is really important to us. You will advise and support in the delivery of service technology infrastructure and environments to our internal customers, alongside being responsible for the delivery of technical solutions. The role will work within the Technical Delivery Team, managing a process of centralised technical engagement across the CTO teams in order to ensure the smooth implementation of technical change across the Group.
There are currently multiple opportunities for a Technical Delivery Manager to join our team. When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff, Manchester or Reading office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
The role will own and manage deliveries and support projects throughout the project lifecycle, working in partnership with the Group’s Project Managers, Managed Service Provider, suppliers and CTO SME’s including internal design, delivery and support teams.
- Being technically aware of the various aspects of the delivery, you will act as a liaison between the business and technical teams keeping communication channels clear and concise to aid smooth delivery.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that projects and internal teams are kept up to date with delivery timelines, the assessment of impact across the Bank’s change portfolio and ensuring that our internal teams are supported.
- You will be aware of, and continuously manage and enhance processes that improve the ability to deliver technical change effectively.
- You will drive change throout the organisation by providing high quality delivery of multiple initiatives across multiple business lines.
- Interpret technical requirements and assist in the creation of technical requirements
- Ability to influence and guide stakeholders through the end to end delivery process, building relationships with and between business and technical stakeholders is key
- Assist with the definition and running of processes in partnership with the managed service provider
- Ensure that solutions designed meet required security standards, governance and regulatory requirements
- Maintain compliance against Aldermore Group IT Policy
- Support and advise Projects with technical input to assist with the scoping and shaping of projects in line with current operational procedures
- Closely work with the CTO organisation for activities that overlap or require handover
- Be pro-active in questioning the AS IS process and always looking for ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and procedures
- Create a ‘one team’ working environment by building trust and rapport with both the internal customers, delivery teams and the managed services partnerugh
What do we expect of you?
- Experience of technical delivery/technical delivery management
- Technical background and experience working with/within IT or technical teams
- Experience of working within business change and projects with an understating of project and delivery lifecycles
- The ability to interpret technical jargon and communicate an understanding to business stakeholders
- Experience in chairing meetings and facilitating teams sourced from multiple departments/disciplines
- Experience of Project Management is desirable
- Experience of Service Delivery is desirable
- Prince2 or ITIL Certifications would be desirable
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.