- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
Group Change is a delivery function for the group’s businesses responsible for shaping and implementing; strategic investments, agile and small change, continuous improvement and internal consultancy.
The role of Head of Practice: Project & Programme Management is really important to us. As Head of Practice: Project & Programme Management (PPM), you will lead a 40+ team of professional Programme and Project Managers and be responsible for building and strengthening the important and key organisational capability. Viewed as an expert in your field you will be the face of Project and Programme Management externally, bringing in new ideas, tools and methodology updates, playing an active part in external professional networks and representing the Group with certification bodies
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Reading, Manchester of Cardiff office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Change Director and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Establishing and leading the newly formed Group PPM Practice
- Owning and driving our holistic strategy and vision regarding our new Group PPM Practice.
- Defining and maintaining a definition of the service delivered by the PPM teams
- Devising a structure and service proposition that optimises the resources to the services across multiple change initiatives. Enabling service specialists to oversee their area of specialism across multiple projects.
- Leading the Project and Programme Managers, ensuring quality of the service through a matrix management structure with the Heads of Change, where your resources will be ‘on assignment’ to programmes and projects or within a business domain area.
- Ensuring the skills and capabilities required of Project and Programme Managers are defined, maintained and measured.
What do we expect of you?
- Huge passion, curiosity and advocacy for project and programme management
- Experience of leading and performance managing a PPM capability/team or function in a complex enterprise
- Active involvement in external PPM/Agile/Delivery networks
- Recognised project qualifications encompassing both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Significant Project Management experience
- Significant experience of leading and coaching a Project team
- Significant experience of working with Exec level stakeholder
- Excellent Financial and budget management
- Experience of Professional Practices
- Coaching, Mentoring and Developing People
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.