- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
Group Change is a delivery function for the group’s businesses responsible for shaping and implementing; strategic investments, agile and small change, continuous improvement and internal consultancy.
The function supports all of Aldermore Group’s businesses.
The role of Group Head of PMO and Support is a key leadership role and instrumental to the successful running of the Group Change Portfolio, supporting the Change Director, Heads of Change, Heads of Practice, PMO Manager/s, Programme and Project Managers to execute their governance responsibilities.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Reading, Manchester or Cardiff office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Responsible for establishing and leading the newly formed Group PMO function
- Creating a high performing team culture across a multi-disciplinary support team; responsible for performance management, individual and team development, creating an open, empowering and encouraging team environment
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisational practice
- Working closely with PMO Manager, Project and Programme Managers, you will support the team in adhering to the Group Change Management Framework, our standard for change management controls and governance
- Developing frameworks and methodologies that ensure management of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios will be comprehensive and consistent across different initiatives (“framework” refers to the parameters, constraints or rules established to standardise delivery)
- Co-ordinate and manage reviews at appropriate points during and after projects and/or programmes in portfolios, which will inform their governance by providing evaluations of progress, methodologies and continuing relevance
What do we expect of you?
- Passionate advocate of the value a professional PMO team can bring to an organisation
- You will have good knowledge of what governance and control processes looks like, having demonstrable experience of practically applying it. You will be a skilled PMO professional.
- You will flourish being part of a team, have good collaboration skills and understand the value and importance of knowledge sharing.
- You will have good written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate with clarity and confidence.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities. You will be thorough and pride yourself in the quality and accuracy of your work.
- A confident multi-tasker, you will thrive in a face paced environment that offers plenty of variety
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.