- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
CTO is responsible for the design, provision, integration and management of the technology assets that support Aldermore Group’s customers, partners and colleagues. This is provided through a combination of in-house teams and third-party partners and suppliers across the following functions:
- Service Engagement, including Service Management and Business Partnering
- Technology Operations
- Technology Delivery, including application development and technical change delivery
- Test Services
- Architecture and Design
- Office of the CTO, including business-aligned technology strategy and governance
CTO supports over 500 applications with c150 suppliers, with a major multi-year IT transformation programme delivering investment in new tools and platforms to enable faster change and more resilient systems.
The role of Group Head of Architecture and Design is really important to us. You will operate as a high-profile member of the extended COO leadership team working closely with peers in Group Change Services, CDO, CISO, and COO Operations Teams. You will report into the Group Chief Technology Officer and play a pivotal role in translating the organisations strategy into a clear plan for your function, acting as a trusted advisor to shape how strategic aims can be met and ensuring executive buy-in and support.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff, Manchester or Reading office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager the Group CTO and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Assess and ensure effectiveness of all aspects of architecture including Enterprise Architecture, Domain Architecture, Solutions Architecture, Service Architecture, Business Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Network Architecture, Security Architecture and Data Architecture.
- Alignment of IT plans with strategic business objectives, working within the Engagement Model defined by the Group Head of Service Engagement
- Driving the effectiveness of the end-to-end Design Process
- Securing optimal value from IT-enabled initiatives, services and assets.
- Establishing a management practice to create and maintain a coherent set of principles, methods, and models that are used in the design and implementation of the enterprise’s business processes, information systems, and infrastructure.
- Managing the selection and implementation of enterprise applications, off-the-shelf software and Software as a Service (SaaS), to ensure that IT provides the business with the most appropriate applications at an acceptable cost.
- Leading, Designing, Defining, Developing & Owning the Development of the Technology Roadmap and Architectural governance across all Technology Platforms throughout the organisation.
- Lead continual improvements to how the CTO function operates
- Delivering against the one Aldermore purpose and strategic blueprint in creating and supporting a culture of transparency, accountability and high performance.
- Visible leadership of inclusion and wellbeing initiatives that ensure colleagues feel backed to achieve their own ambitions.
- Leading and managing a team of professionals who deliver a commercial, efficient and effective service to colleagues, managers and leaders whilst maintaining robust operational risk management and controls oversight.
- Create successful relationships at all levels and across all delivery teams within CTO and Group Change Services to ensure a “one team” approach.
- Fostering a culture of innovation, architecture and engineering excellence across the team; creating a culture of collaboration and efficiency.
What do we expect of you?
As a senior IT leader in a key role within CTO you will have:
- A wide breadth of knowledge in the IT industry and Architecture space
- Exposure to senior leadership responsibilities and experience
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, risk management and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to lead and develop direct and virtual teams, driving performance, setting direction and challenging thinking
- Certifications such as TOGAF, COBIT, Prince2 or ITIL would be beneficial
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.