- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
CTO is responsible for the design, provision, integration and management of the technology assets that support Aldermore Group’s customers, partners and colleagues. This is provided through a combination of in-house teams and third-party partners and suppliers across the following functions:
- Service Engagement, including Service Management and Business Partnering
- Technology Operations
- Technology Delivery, including application development and technical change delivery
- Test Services
- Architecture and Design
- Office of the CTO, including business-aligned technology strategy and governance
CTO supports over 500 applications with c150 suppliers, with a major multi-year IT transformation programme delivering investment in new tools and platforms to enable faster change and more resilient systems.
The role of Governance Lead is really important to us. You will work closely with peers in Group Change Services, CDO, CISO, and COO Operations Teams. You will report into the Head of Technology Governance who will be your line manager and responsible for things like performance review meetings, 1-1s and development conversations. You will play a key role supporting the translation the organisation’s strategy into a clear technology plan, helping shape how strategic aims can be met through effective use of technology that will support the Enterprise, providing cohesive and coordinated infrastructure solutions, and ensuring senior buy-in and support.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff, Manchester or Reading office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Driving efficiency and effectiveness across CTO, ensuring accurate budgeting and the delivery of cross functional improvements in order to reduce cost and improve effectiveness.
- Coordinating the forecasting, tracking and governance of 3rd party BAU spend across CTO, to ensure this is done consistently and accurately across the department.
- Supporting the prioritisation and management of the IT Maintenance budget to ensure IT systems and infrastructure are kept up to date and in line with the Technology Catalogue
- Analysing financial reports, departmental cost drivers and performance of vendors to identify trends and opportunities to reduce cost
- Ensuring all support contracts are regularly reviewed, in terms of scope, value for money, consolidation opportunities and cost reduction opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities to improve effectiveness cross functionally, through review of end to end processes and driving initiatives to successful implementation.
- Managing and influencing a broad network of key stakeholders, working closely with CTO Heads of, Procurement, and Finance teams.
- Supporting with other activities within the Office of the CTO as and when required.
- Deputizing for the Head of Technology Governance as and when required.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience of working within IT and Change environments with a good understanding of Financial Planning, Process Improvement and Governance processes.
- Track record of providing evidence-based reporting, including KPIs, resource heatmaps, utilization reports, etc.
- Strong data analysis capability, commercially astute with the ability to understand data as well as spotting trends and anomalies.
- Financial awareness and understanding in an IT Operations environment.
- Experience of, and familiarity with, IT and business changes and associated Change Management and ITIL based processes.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to interact, build relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to champion new ways of working
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.