- Department / Function Finance
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 11/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The role of Financial & Regulatory Accountant is really important to us. You will be Responsible for the production, reconciliation and reporting of MotoNovo Finance financial and regulatory information to the relevant bodies and stakeholders.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Financial Reporting Manager, and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Responsible for the collation and submission of statutory and regulatory reporting information for inclusion in the wider group reporting requirements (including Bank of England, FCA, SARB, HMRC). Respond to statutory and regulatory reporting queries from all recipients of the information – Aldermore, London Branch & FirstRand.
- Responsible for the collation of relevant financial reporting data to ensure the timely distribution of financial MI to internal stakeholders, the wider Aldermore group & FirstRand. Regularly review the style of the financial reporting MI to ensure it remains fit for purpose and evolves to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Regularly review the financial & regulatory reporting output and process to ensure information submitted is timely, relevant and accurate.
- Be responsible for the review of month end data, and for compiling the commentary for the month end review meetings with Aldermore & FirstRand. To take the lead in meetings when presenting said commentary.
- For all reporting requirements mentioned above, develop and maintain appropriate frameworks to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of such information.
- Be a key point of contact at month end & year end for any financial, regulatory & taxation reporting queries.
- A key point of contact for the year-end audit.
- Be fully informed about the Group budgets and forecasts, incorporating them into the financial reporting where relevant.
- Responsible for the completion of relevant monthly reconciliations owned within the Financial Reporting team. Coordinate the investigation and remediation of reconciling items in a timely manner.
What do we expect of you?
- Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years post-qualification experience
- Strong communication skills: clear and articulate day to day and in a more formal environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisation, planning and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working in a financial services or regulated organisation would be beneficial
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.