- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance
The role of Business Analyst is really important to us. You will be joining MotoNovo Finance to contribute to the successful delivery of IT projects and technical changes within the business. You will also be responsible for the gathering of business requirements, facilitating the validation of those requirements and acting as a conduit between the business and technical delivery teams to ensure smooth transition from development to business as usual
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Mark Gerrish, Lead Business Analyst and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Facilitate, capture and identify key business requirements needed to deliver system updates and improvements, demonstrating the benefits of progressing from the ‘As Is’ to ‘To Be’ state
- Required to investigate and analyse business activities to make them more efficient, translating and clarifying the deliverables for the technical teams
- Contribute to key documents used by the delivery and implementation teams
- Influence and challenge assumptions within the business to get to root issues and ensure real business needs are understood
- Work extensively with the business and third parties to input and provide relevant support toward the creation of technical requirements
- Demonstrate a flexible approach with good problem-solving skills in order to deliver solutions to the business within budget and timescales
- Work with IT groups and business users in defining, prioritizing and executing application enhancements and projects. Ensuring the developers has adequate clarification and support on all business and functional requirements and specifications related to the applications
- Work with the Test Function to identify and assist in the generation of testing plans and assist with automated testing, user acceptance testing and workshop facilitation with the business
- The position may require standby support and occasional out of hours implementation work
- Be proficient in backlog management and refinement
What do we expect of you?
- Proven Business Analyst experience within financial project delivery
- Proven experience of software implementation, migration and delivery. (Oracle ERP desirable)
- Training and implementation of Business Analysis practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable you to collaborate with others and explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner
- Analysing and interpreting skills, that enables you to interpret information, get to the heart of an issue or problem and to provide rational judgements
- Excellent attention to detail, where quality and detail is essential and be able to adapt and respond well to change
- Good team working skills, where you will promote cooperation, set expectations and deliver commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.