This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function Business Assurance
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 28/04/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Credit Risk Team sits within MotoNovo’s Risk Function but is deeply embedded in the Aldermore’s market leading Credit Risk business line. The team has a wide scope of work supporting a significant business line and plays a critical role in managing risks and innovative decisioning approaches.
Our team is responsible for the development and provision of meaningful analysis and modelling across MotoNovo, conducting portfolio and product analysis, supporting the build and development of appropriate risk models and automated credit decisioning models/strategies to identify opportunities, mitigate risk/loss and provide analysis and insight to support the development of credit risk management.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Credit Risk Manager – Models and Analytics, and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of credit risk models as and when required, applying technical methods where necessary
- Production of MI, including model monitoring and management information
- Taking ownership and leadership of assigned projects
- Assist the Credit Risk Manager in responding to specific requests from other stakeholders
- Perform ad-hoc analytical tasks when requested
- Mentoring of less experienced analysts within the team
What do we expect of you?
- Experience in using SAS is essential
- Ability to build models / monitor scorecards is essential
- IRB / IFRS9 experience would be highly beneficial but not essential
- Education to degree level in a STEM subject would be advantageous
- Ability to partner with stakeholders from across the business
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work in a very collaborative environment
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable Senior Leadership Team.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.