- Department / Function Complaints
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 03/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Customer Care team is responsible for investigating all complaints that come into the business. They deal with all customer complaints fairly and in accordance with regulatory guidelines. They make responsible decisions in line with company policies and procedures.
The role of Complaints Operations Manager is really important to us. You will support the Head of Complaints to maintain an effective complaints management function by managing the Complaints Team in line with company and regulatory requirements
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Head of Complaints, and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Manage the daily running of the Complaints team by ensuring tasks such as coaching, training, rota management, annual leave/sickness absence monitoring, overtime authorisation, team meetings and one-to-one meetings are carried out regularly and effectively.
- Ensure that customer service standards are in line with overall Company regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all customers are provided with an efficient service in a compliant, professional, enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times in order to maintain customer confidence and develop customer relationships through the complaint journey.
- Identify potential risks (e.g. reputational, customer compensation, detrimental media exposure, regulatory, fines and sanctions) and ensure such risks are appropriately documented, managed and controlled, escalating where appropriate.
- Coach and develop team leaders to ensure there is an ongoing focus on quality and productivity.
- Manage and maintain effective working relationships with 3rd parties (e.g. FCA, FOS, outsourced suppliers, automotive engineers, etc.) instructing them as appropriate.
- Recruit and retain a competent and compliant team capable of meeting and exceeding our internal and external customers’ expectations wherever possible.
- Drive a culture of identification rather than rectification by supporting management with the embedding of root cause analysis across the business.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience in managing a large complaints team of Complaint Handlers and Team Leaders
- To fully understand and manage a complaints process, and escalations
- Able to remain calm under pressure and manage time effectively
- A confident communicator with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to follow procedures and work within a regulated environment
- Able to plan and organise to achieve results
- Resilient and tenacious
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.